Download:

http://mio.discoremoto.virgilio.it/yodasoccer

Notes:
- it's the beta 0.70 translated to blitzmax
- windowed mode restored
- passing improved
- various bug fixes
- mouse is disabled by default
- 'c' is the default fire key 1 (instead of Left Ctrl)

First os x version! Tested on a Mac Mini 1.25 GHz 512 MB: the match is too slow, probably because of small video memory on the mini. If it works (or doesn't work) on your mac, please report your hardware.
We're working on the final version that should require less video memory.

Ciao!
Last edited by Massimo32 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vargol

Re: Beta 0.71 second preview (os x)

Post by Vargol »

Massimo32 wrote:Download:
First os x version! Tested on a Mac Mini 1.25 GHz 512 MB:
Here's the results from a 800MHz 17-inch iMac.

It's slow, a few frames a second at 800x600 full screen. 640x480 doesn't work, the program exits to OSX. Works in Windowed mode to put slightly slower.

Other issues that may not be mac related as I haven't tried Yoda on a PC yet. It seems random as which screens to the mouse will work on. The game seems unable to cope with a goal being scored, maybe I haven't left it enough but everyone just hangs around the goal :-).

I'll try it with a joypad tomorrow see if that works.

Despite the issues its good to see Yoda Soccer on the Mac at last.

Dave
Vargol

more testing

Post by Vargol »

THe joypad didn't work unfortunately, there was no response on any of the screens. The joypad, actually a PS2 joypad with adapter does get recognosed in a Joypad tester

The 'not coping with a goal' appears to be either auto replay or sound related as switching all those off you can almost play a decent game, still too few frames per second to really play.

Dave
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: more testing

Post by Massimo32 »

Vargol wrote:THe joypad didn't work unfortunately, there was no response on any of the screens. The joypad, actually a PS2 joypad with adapter does get recognosed in a Joypad tester
It seems the same problem another guy has with windows version.
As soon I can have some usb joystick I will try to solve this issue.
Vargol wrote: The 'not coping with a goal' appears to be either auto replay or sound related as switching all those off you can almost play a decent game, still too few frames per second to really play.
Do you need to switch off the replay, the sound, or both?
What's your video card (how much video memory)?

Post by Guest »

Massimo32 wrote: Do you need to switch off the replay, the sound, or both?
What's your video card (how much video memory)?
The replay/sound thing appears to be a red herring, the game now stops after a goal (goal against, the fps is a slight disadvantage when it comes to me scoring) with all the options off :-(
But I did manage to play at least one half decent game I just have no idea what I did differently.

As for my Mac's specs, as I said its an old 800MHz iMac with a 32MB GeForce4 MX, so your mini mac is a little better it that regard so I was expecting it to be slow. Main memory is 768 MB.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

Anonymous wrote: The replay/sound thing appears to be a red herring, the game now stops after a goal (goal against, the fps is a slight disadvantage when it comes to me scoring) with all the options off :-(
But I did manage to play at least one half decent game I just have no idea what I did differently.
It's hard to figure out the problem. Let's wait the final version and if the problem persists, we could try with a 'debug' version.
Anonymous wrote: As for my Mac's specs, as I said its an old 800MHz iMac with a 32MB GeForce4 MX, so your mini mac is a little better it that regard so I was expecting it to be slow. Main memory is 768 MB.
Ram and cpu are ok (probably even a G3 300 is enough).
The preview needs a lot of video memory, the final version will be less hungry.
I don't know if 32 MB will be enough or not, anyway it'll run smoother .
Krieger
Someone..

OS X Functionality

Post by Krieger »

After a couple of games, it's all gone well on my mac - G4 Powerbook, OS X 10.3.9

Can't wait for leagues & Cups
Marco
Someone..

Re: OS X Functionality

Post by Marco »

Krieger wrote:After a couple of games, it's all gone well on my mac - G4 Powerbook, OS X 10.3.9

Can't wait for leagues & Cups
Hi,

English

Yeah, it will be great! ;)
I can't wait for the save function.
With the save function and the cups & leagues it will be possible to make a career modus... :)

Deutsch

Ja, ich freue mich auch schon darauf ;)
Auf die Save-Funktion kann ich auch nicht mehr warten.
Mit der Save-Funktion und den Cups und Ligen wird ein "Karrieremodus" möglich sein... :)

Ciao!

Greetings from Switzerland

Marco :)