[DB] - Argentina Primera A y Primera B

Debate here about updates, leagues and transfers.
OckHAM
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

[DB] - Argentina Primera A y Primera B

Post by OckHAM »

Here is the file with the Argentinian first division ("Primera A": teams, players updated to today, skins and hairs, cities, stadiums, coaches, and graphical logos) and second division ("Primera B": teams, players updated to last season, skins and hair). I follow the methdology and quality used for the Mexican leagues file I did. Good work for Yoda, I would like to know if I can enter the staff regarding the updates of the american, african and asian leagues (because I suppose a lot of people are doing european leagues): you can see if the quality of my updates is good enough: I never use updates from others authors or game, studying every official and un-official site of the teams to find informations about players. Next league: Brazil. I'm preparing a website for Yoda updates that I will convert in the formats of SWOS-style games (swos pg, swos amiga, the wondeful Championship Soccer).
____

Ecco il file con la prima divisione Argentina (la "Primera A": squadre, giocatori aggiornati ad oggi, aspetto di pelle e capigliature tamarre, città, stadi, allenatori e gagliardetti grafici) e la seconda divisione (la "Primera B": squadre, giocatori aggiornati all'ultima stagione, pelle e capelli). Ho seguito la metodologia e la qualità impiegata per i campionati messicani che ho realizzato. Vi auguro un buon lavoro su Yoda, volevo sapere se posso entrare nello staff per quanto riguarda gli update dei campionati americani, africani ed asiatici (in quanto suppongo che molte persone si stiano occupando dei campionati europe): potete verificare se la qualità dei miei update è buona a sufficienza: non uso mai update da altri autori o da altri giochi, studiando ogni sito ufficiale e non ufficiale delle squadre per trovare informazioni sui giocatori. Prossimo campionato: Brasile; sto preparando un sito con gli update di Yoda che poi vado convertendo in altri formati di eccellenti giochi stile SWOS (swos pg, swos amiga, quel capolavoro di Championship Soccer).

Update Argentinian Leagues
http://ockhamyoda.altervista.org/YodaOCK-ARG.rar
right-click -> Save Object as
(the rar file has to be unrared in yoda directory with the include subfolders option)
[b]OckHAM[/b]
Kanchelskis
FIFA President
FIFA President

Post by Kanchelskis »

:italiano
Valuteremo senz'altro la proposta, già da tempo volevamo con Massimo creare uno staff di official updater..

A prescindere da questo, MILLE GRAZIE :wink:

:american :english :gaeilge
We'll consider your offer, we just debated about creating an official updaters staff..

However, THANK YOU VERY MUCH :wink:
Homer

OCKHAM updates

Post by Homer »

Hi Ockham

Congratulations for your updates, really good work!

I just find a little problem. The file in the folder code doesn't correspond!
And Yoda don't show the right team when you go in editor and you see some teams!

The number must be the same as the team file number in the data folder. I just find this problem for argentinian league, but I haven't look in the others.

See You

Homer
OckHAM
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Post by OckHAM »

MMm, strange I did test the files before upping them.. can you point me exactly the specifical problem?
[b]OckHAM[/b]
Homer

re

Post by Homer »

When you select a team in editor (eg independiente) you will see the correct team no problem.

but when you select just after another team ( eg lanus) you will see players of independiente in this team!!!

try it with severals teams

I think it is because the file "codes\clubs\arg.txt" is false. you only put Premier division in, no first division. Moreover, teams number in this file doesn't correspond to the numbers in file "data\arg.yst".

I'm not blaming you, i just notice this, I think your updates are excellent!

:D

Homer
OckHAM
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Post by OckHAM »

Mmmm, I will try to understand how to fix this in the next incoming update (with Uruguay and Venezuela), anyway I assigned an unique number (001, 002 etc.) to each team in Argentina.
[b]OckHAM[/b]
OckHAM
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Post by OckHAM »

It's very strange: I just revised the team_arg file with the ingame editor and it gives me an Illegal Memory Address error, then I re-open the game and the editor and everything worked fine, when I change the team view from the editor it works properly showing the right players: I really can't understand how this could be possible. Is there the possibility of an instability of the ingame editor? Anyway I will re-include all the yst files in the next update.
[b]OckHAM[/b]
Homer

re

Post by Homer »

go to "yodasoccer\codes\clubs". there is a file called arg.txt

I think this is this file is to modify. example :

001 Almagro
002 Argentinos Juniors
019 San Lorenzo
020 Velez Sarsfield

101 Atletico Rafaela
102 Belgrano (CBA)

Don't forget to leave a blanck line between the two leagues. And look how it is done for the other leagues (I suggest Italy because made by the authors).
OckHAM
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Post by OckHAM »

Yes, you are completely right: I alway ignored the existence of those files :D In the next update I will provide updated clubs data too. Thanks for the segnalation!
[b]OckHAM[/b]
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Re: re

Post by Massimo32 »

Homer wrote: I think it is because the file "codes\clubs\arg.txt" is false. you only put Premier division in, no first division. Moreover, teams number in this file doesn't correspond to the numbers in file "data\arg.yst".
No, the codes are strongly recommended but not mandatory. The game don't check the files *.yst against the numbers in /codes.

The codes are important for the future: when we'll introduce competitions each team will be identified by its country and number. So it's important that we agree on a list of codes. Doing so different people who want to make an update can use the same numbers.

Each team must have different numbers, that's mandatory.
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

OckHAM wrote:It's very strange: I just revised the team_arg file with the ingame editor and it gives me an Illegal Memory Address error
I checked the file team_arg.yst and received Illegal Memory Address while loading Argentinos jnrs, the problem is the 'Player' row:

#Position 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Player 01 03 05 06 04 07 08 09 10 12 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

there are two "12"
there are no "11" and "02"

how did you generate the file? are you using the internal or external editor? Using an external editor you'll be more prone to errors, if possibile use it only for team number and division.
OckHAM
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Post by OckHAM »

Iì'm using TextEdit as notepad because it's easier working in this way reading the various sites of the international clubs and teams. Usually, anyway, when I have some of these errors in an yst file I receive a Memory problem whichever team I open of that league. I'm checking the argentinian file anyway to be sure that there are no problems, and I'm updating the file pointed by Homer to have not problem in the future competitions.
[b]OckHAM[/b]
Massimo32
Chapman's successor
Chapman's successor

Post by Massimo32 »

OckHAM wrote:Iì'm using TextEdit as notepad because it's easier working in this way reading the various sites of the international clubs and teams. Usually, anyway, when I have some of these errors in an yst file I receive a Memory problem whichever team I open of that league.
I understand that's easier with notepad when you deal with a lot of data :)
If you receive errors that you can't understand please send me the file and I will check it with the blitzbasic debugger.
OckHAM wrote:I'm checking the argentinian file anyway to be sure that there are no problems, and I'm updating the file pointed by Homer to have not problem in the future competitions.
If the file arg.txt doesn't have all the codes that are needed, we may update it.
Kanchelskis
FIFA President
FIFA President

Post by Kanchelskis »

OckHAM wrote:Iì'm using TextEdit as notepad because it's easier working in this way reading the various sites of the international clubs and teams.
Did you try to run the game in windowed mode? :wink:
OckHAM
Soccer fan
Soccer fan

Post by OckHAM »

I updated and fixed the files, there were some errors in argentinian teams. I did the codes files too, I'll include them in the update that I think to up on Monday (including Venezuela and Uruguay leagues).

I tried to use the editor in windowed mode but the webpages that I have to consult usually (stuff like sport newspapers of the interested countries) has a large layout so it's almost impossible, even for a resolution of 1280x1024 to use the ingame editor for me; and the editor, when I'm in windowed mode, runs REALLY slow on my pc (I can't understand this: at home I have a P4-3200 with a Geforce4600 64mb and here in the office just a normale PIII without a particular graphic card and it runs very better on the office pc).
[b]OckHAM[/b]